When Can You Start Using Hair Products on Babies?
Your baby deserves all the pampering and so does their hair. So how do you ensure that their locks get the best hair care products? Your baby’s skin, scalp, and hair are delicate and need gentle love and care to grow. In this article, we will explore what works for your baby’s hair and how to create an effective hair care regimen for your baby.
Right Time to Use Hair Products for Babies
You can use hair products meant for babies as per the specifications on them. If the product is meant for a newborn, it will be indicated on the scrimp or in the product information. For example, O’mumsie’s “no-rinse” body cleanser, baby wash & shampoo, and face and body butter can be used on infants and newborns. Other products like vapor bubble bath should be used on babies of 3 months and up and detangler hair serum for babies 6 months or older. However, do not use skincare and beauty products meant for adults on your babies. These products will be harsh on your baby’s thin and delicate skin, dry it, and may even lead to the development of allergies.
Which Ingredients and Hair Care Products are Best for Babies' Hair?
Products containing cocoa and shea butter, aloe vera, olive, coconut, and other natural essential oils are best for babies hair and skin. Here are some of the products that have amazing benefits for your baby’s hair and skin.
- OMumsie’s “no-tear” baby shampoo and wash is a perfect hair product for newborns and toddlers. It is made of organic ingredients like shea butter, aloe Vera, and green apple-seed oil. Its unique no-tear formula does not irritate your newborn’s eyes, scalp, and skin and effectively cleans and moisturizes their hair and body.
- O’mumsie’s face and body butter are ideal for after-wash skin and hair care for your newborn baby. It is made of organic ingredients like cocoa and shea butter, and natural essential oils like jojoba and ylang-ylang oil. These are natural emollients and are loaded with Vitamin E and other antioxidants. You can massage and moisturize your baby’s scalp and hair with it. It has a unique non-sticky formula that gets absorbed into the skin and scalp and nourishes it.
- O’mumsie’s “no cry” detangler hair serums a preferred choice for babies 6 months or older who have lush, thick, or curly hair. This type of hair tends to get frizzy and tangled and is difficult to untangle. Detangling them is a nuisance and will make your baby cry with pain. Older kids also get messy and tangled hair after playing in the sun or getting exposed to chlorine in swimming pools. There may be several other reasons but tangled up hair really troubles moms and babies both.
O’mumsie’s hair serum is made of organic Neroli extract and essential oils of avocado and grapefruit. Apply it before combing your baby’s hair and see the magic unfold. With this serum, your baby’s hair becomes soft, shiny, silky, and easy to comb without any pain. Along with it, the serum rebalances pH levels of the skin and promotes healthy hair growth, and restores the balance of the scalp of your baby.
Tips to Encourage Hair Growth of 6 Months Old Babies and Onwards
Here are some tips to encourage hair growth in 6 months plus babies.
- Apply coconut oil or baby hair products with coconut oil on your baby’s scalp. Gently massage coconut oil into your baby’s scalp and rinse after 20 minutes. Coconut oil is rich in natural vitamin E and promotes hair growth by improving blood circulation to the scalp. It moisturizes your baby’s scalp and adds shine and gloss to the hair. It is also effective in treating cradle crap. O’mumsie’s hair and skin products contain coconut oil and its extracts that are beneficial for your baby’s skin and hair.
- Gently massaging or brushing your baby’s scalp after the application of coconut oil also stimulates hair growth. Regular brushing removes dry skin and cradle crap and raises blood circulation to the scalp and hair follicles. It stimulates hair growth and also soothes and relaxes your baby.
- After six months, your baby can use baby shampoo 2 to 3 times per week. Regular use of O’mumsie’s baby shampoo will keep your baby’s scalp clean and also loosen the cradle cap if any.
- Use other baby hair care products like conditioner or O’mumsie’s detangler hair serum to keep your baby’s hair soft, silky and smooth.
- You can also use common kitchen ingredients to create a hair-nourishing concoction for your baby. Mix 1 teaspoon each of gelatin, honey, and apple cider vinegar together. Gelatin is an amino acid that stimulates hair growth and so does apple cider vinegar, while honey is a super-antioxidant that nourishes hair and scalp. Apply this mixture to your baby’s scalp and let it sit for 10 minutes before their hair wash or bath time. Then rinse this mixture and use O’mumsie’s baby shampoo to get soft, fluffy, and shiny hair.
Final ThoughtsSo, these are the suggested time periods and the ways to use hair products on your children. Always go for natural, organic, and high-quality products like O’mumsie’s for all your baby care needs.