Tips for Using Muscle rubs Easing Aches and Pains During Pregnancy
It is normal to have aches and pains if you are an expectant mother. Hormonal changes during pregnancy result in achy joints and ligaments. Baby in the womb grows, and as a result, bones spread and muscles stretch. Backaches and swollen legs are common issues that expectant mothers face. Some women may even face sciatica, carpal tunnel, and other musculoskeletal issues. Muscle rubs and balms can help you a lot during this phase as they are applied topically and provide immense pain relief.
Why use Muscle Rubs?
Pregnancy and impending motherhood is an exciting journey but pains and aches dampen this excitement a bit. Painkillers and other anti-inflammatory medicines like Ibuprofen and aspirin are generally not prescribed as they may cause bleeding and stomach irritation. Oral pain medication may even cause hormonal disruption and adversely affect fetal development. Muscle rubs like O’Mumsie’s on the other hand have natural painkillers and organic compounds that are applied topically. These topical creams and balms are locally acting, with minimal systemic absorption, unlike oral painkillers that are absorbed internally. Therefore, these are safe to use and provide much-needed pain relief without the risks and complications of oral pain medications.
O’Mumsie’s Muscle Rub- Active Ingredients
Our muscle rub formulated especially for expectant mothers has natural and organic ingredients that actively provide relief from different types of pain and aches during pregnancy. Let’s have a look at the ingredients that make it so effective for managing pain.
- Camphor- It is extracted from the Cinnamomum camphora plant and has anti-inflammatory qualities. Camphor creates a pleasant warm sensation when applied to the skin and increases blood flow in skin and muscles providing pain relief.
- Menthol- Menthol is extracted from peppermint and spearmint plants. It has decongestion and pain-relieving properties. It also reduces muscle spasms and creates a cooling sensation to the skin.
Camphor and menthol along with the above-mentioned properties work in unison to create a uniquely warm and cool sensation at the same time. It distracts the brain and reduces the pain levels you are experiencing.
- Citrus Peel Oil- Citrus peel has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain. Other benefits include reducing anxiety, clearing sinuses, and improving skin tone. It is also effective in easing morning sickness that affects expectant mothers. These properties make it an essential ingredient for any muscle rub meant for pregnant women.
- Witch Hazel- Witch hazel offers potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It soothes sore muscles and alleviates pain. It also protects your skin from free radicals and heals bruises and reduces skin inflammation and swelling.
Along with these, O’Mumsie’s muscle rub contains organically sourced ingredients like wintergreen oil and aloe vera, green tea, and orange oil extracts. These are loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds that nourish and protect your skin and provide amazing pain relief benefits you so truly deserve.
Figure out your pain points and start massaging them gently with the muscle rub. Let it sit for a while to absorb it on the skin. Better still, ask your partner to give you a nice massage or a gentle rub down to relax your muscles and alleviate pain symptoms. After all, he is going to be a parent too and should take full responsibility! Jokes aside, a gentle massage with the muscle rub releases endorphins in the body that relieve pain, calm the mind, and create a sense of well-being. Use it on the sore parts of your body except for the genitals, eyes, mouth, and belly. Speak up when it feels good and if you feel uncomfortable. This lets your partner know where to continue and where to stop.
Let’s look at some precautions to take when using muscle rubs for pain relief.
- Do not apply the muscle rubs on the genitals and belly. When applying, do not touch your face with it, especially eyes, mouth, and nose or any open orifices and wounds.
- Do a patch test on a small area to see if the skin will tolerate a rub. Wait for a couple of hours and if there are no red, itchy, or inflamed areas then go ahead with the application.
- Do not swallow or ingest the muscle rub as it is not meant for oral use. Do not apply it on mucus membranes like the inner part of the nostrils.
- Consult your doctor if you have any allergies before starting on muscle rubs or massages including essential oils.
As your baby grows in the womb, your body makes adjustments, and as a result ligaments and joints start to ache. Using muscle rubs and balms along with a yoga and exercise regime will ease muscle tension and alleviate pain symptoms. Use O’Mumsie’s muscle rub and other products specially made for expecting mothers and newborns and enjoy your exciting journey of motherhood.